The Digital Identity team at Veriff is building the future of a reusable digital identity, enabling anyone to carry trust with them online. We aim to change how individuals and businesses store and manage digital identities - creating an accessible and secure single identity sign-on that empowers people to choose how, when, and to whom to share their most private credentials. Our team thrives on entrepreneurial mindsets and is looking for more people to find solutions to complex and worldly problems.
At Veriff, the Product Designers are integral to our product development process. Our product designers work closely with cross-functional peers in Product Management, User Research, Analytics, Engineering, and other teams to understand our customers and design solutions that meet their needs.
As a Lead Product Designer, your primary responsibility will be to ensure that we design an inspiring product that solves real customer problems and drives customer and business success. You will focus on activities to understand the needs of our target segment, prototyping, testing, iterating on solutions, and partnering with engineering to shipping experiments.
What will you be doing...
- Lead product design for the Digital Identity team at Veriff, including driving the future vision of the product area and delivering incremental steps to help us ship the right thing that solves customers' real problems and needs.
- Work closely with the team of researchers, product managers, and engineers by deeply involving them throughout the design process to deliver an outstanding user experience.
- Define systems, working methods, and facilitation techniques to improve product design's velocity, quality, and impact.
- Work on initial discovery, ideation, and user journey mapping to build prototypes and user experience.
- Closely work with product leadership aligning experience quality to the long-term product strategy and business goals for Digital Identity.
- Ensure we deliver polished, customer-centric, and intuitive user experiences.
- Balance the ideal experience with making trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy, or business risk.
- Share knowledge on product design techniques across the business.
Who are we looking for?
- You have approximately 5-8 years of product-design experience.
- You are a hands-on executor with the ability to work both with UX (main skillset) and a bit of UI (secondary).
- You have experience launching zero-to-one products and designing complex, highly technical applications.
- You have strong experience with user research, user-centered design, and usability testing.
- You can create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
- You are comfortable with interaction design and working with UI design tools such as Figma
- You strongly understand web and mobile design principles and best practices.
- You know what exceptional design looks like and know how to get there.
- You care deeply about details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture, and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- You can collaborate effectively and build solid relationships.
- You are comfortable working in an agile and flexible way, able to iterate and pivot quickly.
We help companies all over the world connect with honest people. Our software verifies over 10,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries — and this is growing fast! That's millions of verified identities a year and countless people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and eventually billions, of people safer online. We are a force for good and want to be the standard for trust online.
We're a diverse team of over 40 nationalities coming together to solve one of the world's most pressing problems. When you join Team Veriff, we offer you the opportunity to have real impact and advance your career, whilst looking after you along the way with a range of benefits designed with you in mind. Some of our favourites include...
- Hybrid work environment with flexibility to work from home
- Stock options that ensure you share in our success
- Extensive medical, wellness coverage to ensure you’re feeling great physically and mentally
- Learning and Development budget that you are free to tailor for your own needs
- Six weeks of fully paid sabbatical leave after reaching your 3rd work anniversary
With backing from investors such as Accel, IVP, Tiger, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher, and Paul Buchheit, and having received unicorn status, we're well positioned to achieve our mission. However we need people like you to ensure it happens. Be a force for good and join Veriff!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Different opinions, perspectives and personalities push us forward. We want to hear from people who are passionate about their work and align with our values. Regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates - so rest assured, whoever you are, we want to hear from you!