Veriff helps companies all over the world connect with honest people. In a year, our team grew from 17 to 250+, and our software verifies over 9,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries. That's millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
As the Head of our Design team, you will lead both our vision and your team but you should also be ready to get your hands dirty when it's needed. You attract amazing people as you love to inspire and motivate others. You are the heart of the team and are always keen to grow and help anyone around you.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Bringing a well-organized and systematic approach to building our design team
- Leading and growing the team including participating in interviews for new team members, coaching, performance reviews, 1on1s
- Developing and pushing the Veriff brand to a new level of consistency and awesomeness
- Being the voice of design within Veriff
- Supporting our product development teams with understanding customer problems and how we can best solve them
- Establishing best practices and making sure they are maintained
- Promoting Veriff design work to the outside world in design communities through conferences, etc
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you have:
- Experience advancing a company’s design practices (brand, content, product, and research)
- The ability to attract and develop senior design talent from around the world
- The ability to lead complex design topics, scaling your presence from clearly communicating a design vision to addressing project or organizational issues
- The ability to align senior leadership and opinionated stakeholders on complex design decisions
- The ability to build strong relationships with the other product development disciplines, as well as customer success, marketing, sales, and other departments
- Experience leading a team that designs software
- The desire to mentor and develop the members of the design and research teams
- Clear and articulate decision-making skills
- Strong portfolio with case studies that prove high proficiency in designing apps for different industries (good Dribbble profile would do as well / be a bonus)
- Excellent written / verbal / presentation communication skills
You’re an especially awesome match if you have:
- B2B experience - this is a big plus
- Experience leading a design team that includes user research
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Help us shape the future of Design and Research at Veriff - Be one of the core members of our cross-functional product development team composed of product design, software engineering, marketing, and analytics.
- Have Massive Impact & Visibility - Our product is just taking shape. Your work will be critical in defining how identity and trust is created on the internet.
- Grow the Design and User Research team for the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Do impactful work at a startup that’s growing crazy-fast and is packed with career opportunities
- Join a diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Receive generous sports benefits and additional health insurance
- Be in a pet-friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility
- Get all the perks that come with a disruptive tech start-up, including health days, unlimited snacks and coffee at the office, team events, and much more