Does the idea of changing the world get you hyped? How about developing, monitoring and maintaining infrastructure that helps to run 30+ microservices? Join Veriff as a DevOps Engineer and play an active role in building top notch deployment pipelines for a future unicorn.
Veriff helps companies all over the world connect with honest people. In a year, our team grew from 17 to 250+, and our software verifies over 9,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries. That's millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
Beneath a simple yet elegant user interface lies a complex system of functionalities. Our product and engineering teams make sure that each component complements the other, creating a symphony of online security that only gets better with time. As a part of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for creating a smooth deployment process and monitoring the overall health of Veriff’s IT solutions.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Maintaining, designing and redesigning Veriffs services so they run 24/7/365 within the required SLAs
- Creating and maintaining a platform for product teams to be able to deploy and monitor their services
- Creating, maintaining and improving CI/CD flow using the best tools on the market
- Keeping an eye on system health and logs
- Pro-actively discovering and preventing security breaches
- Participating in on-call rotation and resolving incidents in production systems
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in IT as a Systems Administrator, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineer
- Understand modern Infrastructure stacks like Linux, Postgres, cloud, and microservices
- Have a strong background in IP networking fundamentals (SDN and Container network knowledge is a plus)
- Take almost any service and make it work in production while keeping it scalable and manageable
- Can create and maintain infrastructure with most cloud providers (Amazon required, Google Cloud and/or MS Azure are plus)
- Can write infrastructure and networking as a code
- Can read and understand code written by others
- Can script and automate in more than one language
- Are willing to learn and use modern orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.
- Have experience working in an international team and have a good command of the English language
You’re an especially awesome match if you have:
- Experience in writing and maintaining a project written in Golang.
- The ability to explain firewall hole punching and other complex engineering topics to nontechnical people.
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop and implement software integrations for the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Do impactful work at a startup that’s growing crazy-fast and is packed with career opportunities
- Join a diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Receive generous sports benefits and additional health insurance
- Be in a pet-friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility
- Get all the perks that come with a disruptive tech start-up, including health days, unlimited snacks and coffee at the office, team events, and much more