The specific information on how we handle your Personal Data when you are an employee, will be made available to you when you enter into a contract with Veriff.
Please review this policy carefully and contact us and our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments, questions or concerns.
1.2 This Policy is for (potential) employees, i.e. candidates, and gives an overview of how Veriff processes candidates' Personal Data for our recruitment process.
1.3 Additional information may be provided under listed job offers or during the recruitment process, in which case those Processing rules are either complimentary to this Policy or prevail this Policy.
2.1 When is your data processed. As an employee, we fully inform you of the processing activities taken by Veriff. We instruct you and provide you with sufficient training on how to process information related to Data Subjects. We are constantly hiring new talents and thus encourage as many talents as possible to enter into our recruitment process. During the recruitment process we process the Personal Data of candidates we contact with possible job offers as well as the candidates who apply themselves.
2.2 Content of Processed Personal Data. We may collect and process, among other information, the following Personal Data:
(1) identification data, such as name, date of birth, picture, personal identification code, legal capacity, nationality, citizenship, IP address and identification document details such as number, name, issuing country, security features, expiration dates and copies;
(2) contact and communication data, such as address, phone number, email address, messages sent to us or to you by us;
(3) current and previous employment data, such as data about your current and previous employee, position within the company, etc.;
(4) data related to your candidacy, such as CV, motivation letter, job preferences, recommenders, (video) interviews, results of your tests and analyses, etc.;
(5) publicly available relevant data, e.g. checks in public sanctions lists, checks in relevant public records for verification of given data, public social media accounts, etc. As our Service requires a high level of trust, we ask candidates to give us information about, or provide us access rights to, their criminal records (only valid information, meaning archived criminal registry information is not requested).
2.4 Please note, we do not seek to obtain special categories of Personal Data, such as data concerning your ethnicity, health, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, etc.
2.5 Retention period. We store the data of job applicants (candidates) during the recruitment process and for two additional years after the recruitment process to record your recruiting activity with us and be able to inform you of new vacancies within that timeframe. Please note, that if you enter into an employment (or similar) contract with us, different retention periods apply.
3.1 We Process your Personal Data as a Data Controller on the following grounds: under legitimate interest for recruitment and management purposes (purposes no.(1) up to (3) and (7) to (8)), for preparing and performance of the contract (purpose no.(4)), for compliance with our legal obligation (purpose no.(6)), and on the basis of consent (purpose no.(5)). If a candidate is not selected, we shall store the Personal Data collected for entry into an employment contract for two years in order to make a job offer to the candidate in the case a suitable position becomes vacant. The purposes of Processing are as follows:
(1) to determine candidates’ suitability for the available position;
(2) to verify the data submitted by the candidate (including carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks where applicable);
(3) to manage the recruitment process and keep the candidate updated about the progress of the process;
(4) in the case of a successful application, to prepare a job offer and employment contract, and to fulfil the onboarding activities;
(5) to inform the candidate about our vacant positions;
(6) to protect our rights and fulfil our legal obligations;
(7) for business management and administrative purposes, such as record-keeping and improving our recruitment and business practices;
(8) to store the information in order to make a job offer in the case of a suitable position in the future.
4.2 Kindly note that we may modify the Policy from time to time. The modified policy will be uploaded to our webpage.
4.3 You are advised to review this Policy periodically for any changes.
4.4 Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
Last update: 30.07.2020