Does the idea of changing the world get you hyped? How about leading the creation and management of a world class analytics environment? Joining Veriff as Head of Business Intelligence you’ll be making sure that our business and product teams have the right data in the right format to make the right data-based decisions at the right time.
Veriff helps companies all over the world connect with honest people. In 2020, our business grew 5 times and today our software verifies over 9,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries. That's tens of millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
At Veriff, we're in the process of building our data warehouse and migrating our analytics database from PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift. On top of that, we're using Looker and Redash to democratize data and make it accessible to every team in the company. We also have a number of business information management systems, such as Salesforce, which come with their own analytics capabilities.
The Head of Business Intelligence is expected to act as the “product owner” of all analytical services, which means:
- Gathering, consolidating and documenting business requirements for analytics
- Maintaining the backlog of developments
- Working with business users to document common conceptual and logical data models
- And collaborating closely with Data Engineering team, who are building the physical data environments, to
- ensure company wide common data definitions;
- provide the semantics and business meta-data for DWH;
- and oversee data stewardship of business data.
The Head of BI will lead a team of Data Analysts, as well as provide functional leadership for analysts embedded across the organization and support for all business users in using analytical tools.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Supporting business leaders by making data available that is needed for management decision making
- Providing reporting to management on company level KPIs
- Maintaining cross-company business terminology and metrics definitions and ensuring continuous progress towards achieving a “single source of truth”
- Coordinating between various stakeholders, to ensure common metric definitions
- Ensuring availability of business metrics data through a combination of manual and automated reporting as appropriate
- Collaborating with all teams as required to ensure availability of required data and reports
- Collecting company-wide requirements and providing consolidated business requirements in the form of conceptual data models to the Data Engineering team; collaborating closely with Data Engineering to build Logical Data Models and provide input for development of Physical Data Models, to ensure having the right information available in our BI reports.
- Overseeing Data Stewardship - ensuring consistent data lineages across transformations and documentation of business metadata
- Acting as a hands-on Lead Analyst to analyse complex business problems using data and getting into the data yourself - applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, modelling, data mining and presentation of data to deliver actionable insights
- Acting as a Product Owner of analytics services - prepare the data analytics roadmap, maintain a prioritized backlog of required new developments and provide transparency into the development roadmap of analytics services
- Acting as team lead for the BI analysts team, provide coaching and support team members development and career aspirations
- Providing functional leadership in data analysis across the organization and acting as a knowledge leader of the area
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you have:
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in data analytics and very good understanding of data modelling and various data model types (star schema, snowflake, normalized and denormalized data models)
- Hands on experience working with data, SQL, various data environments and tools. Very good knowledge of Looker or similar tools (e.g., Tableau) is a must.
- Ability to engage both business and technical counterparts in conversations
- At least 3 years of experience in a product owner, product manager or project manager role. Ability to independently put together product roadmaps and manage work in an agile environment using Jira toolset.
- Very good coordination and management skills, ability to work in a highly organized way and create structures and organized activities for others in a matrix organization
- Very good collaboration and consulting skills, ability to lead group sessions, extract insights from managers, build consensus
- Ability to build trust and respect in relationships and influence others for action using a variety of interpersonal influence tactics as required
You’re an especially awesome match if you have:
- Dual degree in business and technology or a degree in technology management
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Build the backbone for the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Do impactful work at a startup that’s growing crazy-fast and is packed with career opportunities
- Join a diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Receive generous sports benefits and additional health insurance
- Be in a pet-friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility
- Get all the perks that come with a disruptive tech start-up, including health days, unlimited snacks and coffee at the office, team events, and much more