We’re looking for a hands-on in-house lawyer to add to our legal muscle. Your will advise senior executives and other teams on U.S. and sometimes international legal matters.
Veriff provides identity verification services to companies world-wide, helping to make the internet a secure and safe place. In a year, our team grew from 17 to 230+, and our proprietary platform verifies over 8,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries and territories. That's millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
While building the infrastructure for trust online is our biggest goal, we need a happy team if we want to change the online world. Aligning over 200 people is a challenge, but there's nothing our Legal & Compliance division can't handle. As a part of our Legal & Compliance team, you’ll be responsible for topics ranging from contracts, data protection, intellectual property, and IT.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Using a highly qualified general legal background, working on a broad array of assignments including drafting, reviewing, and assisting with negotiations of customer agreements, technology license agreements, subscription agreements, SaaS agreements, NDAs, and vendor and partner agreements
- Bringing an attention to detail that will help ensure that legal agreements you analyze, draft, and review are consistent with company policies, procedures, principles, risk mitigation strategies, and legal strategy
- Demonstrating a clear knowledge of legal issues in IT and online business which will help support our internal teams by interpreting third party contracts, guiding compliance, advising on data privacy and security issues, and supporting IP licensing
- Using interpersonal skills to help you work with colleagues to continuously improve the process to negotiate and implement contracts while adhering to best practices within the company
- Offering valuable flexibility and team-spirit to assist with special tasks such as developing the company’s knowledge in areas of special interest, including intellectual property, data protection, AML/KYC, and other regulatory matters
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of law firm practice or in-house experience
- Are an expert in IT law (intellectual property, privacy law etc)
- Have extensive experience in the drafting, review and negotiation of commercial, software license agreements and IP protection
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and an ability to negotiate contracts successfully
- Bring a practical, commercial and solution-oriented problem solving approach
- Can be based anywhere in the East Coast of the US
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Be the legal muscle at the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Receive a competitive base salary and stock options package
- Get 28 days of paid vacation
- Manage your day with flexible working hours and an opportunity working from home
- Take care of your health with health insurance & many more great benefits
- Do meaningful work at a startup with fast-paced growth and multiple career opportunities