Veriff is an invisible digital guardian capable of converting physical identity to online (not quite as in the iconic “TRON” movie, but close enough), while verifying its validity.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who solves the hardest problems that 1st level Customer Support has to escalate. To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering or experience in this area. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers' trust - they will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical and integration problems. Hence, if you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with technical issues and are able to explain technical details in a simple way, we’d like to meet you!
Here are the things you will be doing:
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and finding solutions to resolve system and service issues
- Escalating unresolved issues to the appropriate Developers
- Standardizing solutions and pushing those to knowledge-base
- Building tools and automating workflows necessary to improve technical support’s day-to-day work
- Managing a crisis in case of feature failure or app downtime
- Developing, tracking and reporting on customer support metrics
We are looking for people who are:
- Have experience in technical support or devops organization
- Are fluent in written and verbal English, other languages are a bonus
- Have previous experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Feel confident in building longer SQL queries
- Have built smaller applications or integrated services
- Can debug web applications and back-end components
- Feel confident in Mac, Linux, and Windows
- Are passionate about Veriff as a service
What we offer:
- Impactful work - We offer an AI-based product that enables to seamlessly verify online identity by using state-of-the-art technology from face comparison to image recognition.
- Opportunity to work in an awesome (we really don’t use this word lightly) up-and-coming company with a lot of career opportunities (Veriff is backed by investors such as Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit).
- No corporate BS.
- Generous sports benefits and additional health insurance.
- An international friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility.
- All the perks that go with a world-changing tech start-up such as health days, snacks/coffee in the office, team events etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.