Does the idea of changing the world get you hyped? How about leading the implementation of systems, processes, and data environments, which will support efficient business operations and management decision making in an industry-leading startup with the ambition to create a single global identity for each person on earth? Join Veriff as Head of Business Operations and play an active role in building the back-office setup in one of the leading startups in the world.
Veriff helps companies all over the world connect with honest people. In 2020, our business grew 5 times and today software verifies over 9,000 government-issued documents from more than 190 countries. That's tens of millions of verified identities a year and a lot of people working behind the scenes to help make the lives of millions, and one day billions, of people safer online.
While building the infrastructure for trust online is our biggest goal, we need to make sure that our “house is in order” and by using industry standard systems and processes, we are able to scale our operations in an efficient and highly automated way. This is why we are hiring a Head of Business Operations, who will make sure that we work across divisions in a harmonized way and maintain efficiency and employee productivity through intelligent use of back-office systems.
You’ll help us protect honest people online by:
- Leading continuous improvement in efficiency and productivity in all non-production processes (sales, finance, customer support, legal) in line with Veriff’s strategy and business objectives, in coordination with responsible stakeholders from all divisions
- Owning Veriff’s back-office systems landscape - consolidating business requirements from all relevant stakeholders, developing and owning systems development and implementation roadmaps, and leading changes required to improve process automation and quality through system changes.
- Owning Veriff’s business process management framework, process taxonomy, registry and templates. Leading development of new processes and SOPs to achieve efficiency, productivity and quality objectives.
- Maintaining cross-company business terminology and metrics definitions and ensuring continuous progress towards achieving a “single source of truth”. Coordinating between various stakeholders, to ensure common metric definitions.
- Ensuring availability of business metrics data through combination of manual and automated reporting, BI, etc. as appropriate. Collaborating with all teams as required to ensure availability of required data and reports.
- Collecting company-wide requirements and providing consolidated requirements to BI team, to ensure having the right information available in the BI reports.
- Raising awareness and knowledge of business metrics and business processes in the organization
You are the right future Veriffian for the job if you have:
- Very good understanding of business process modelling and hands-on experience with developing processes and SOPs
- Very good business understanding of B2B SaaS business and ability to identify and understand business KPIs
- Very good and broad understanding of back-office systems, such as CRM (Pipedrive, Salesforce), ERP (Directo, Workday, Netsuite), Collaboration (Atlassian), DWH (Redshift) and DBMS (Postgre)
- Hands-on end user and implementation experience in at least some of these systems
- Very good understanding of data modelling and various data model types (star schema, snowflake, normalized and denormalized data models)
- Ability to engage both business and technical counterparts in conversations
- Very good coordination and management skills, ability to work in a highly organized way and create structures and organized activities for others in a matrix organization
- Very good collaboration and consulting skills, ability to lead group sessions, extract insights from managers, build consensus
- Ability to build trust and respect in relationships and influence others for action using a variety of interpersonal influence tactics as required
You’re an especially awesome match if you have:
- Dual degree in business and technology or a degree in technology management
- 5+ years of experience working with management information systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Significant end user experience having worked in senior roles in sales or financial management roles
- Good command of SQL and/or other data processing technical languages
- Training in Lean Operations and formal qualifications, such as Lean/six-sigma black belt or similar
At Veriff you will have the opportunity to:
- Build the backbone for the world's next big success story (Veriff is backed by investors such as Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Ashton Kutcher and Paul Buchheit)
- Do impactful work at a startup that’s growing crazy-fast and is packed with career opportunities
- Join a diverse team of over 40 nationalities
- Receive generous sports benefits and additional health insurance
- Be in a pet-friendly and flexible work environment where you are in charge of balancing freedom and responsibility
- Get all the perks that come with a disruptive tech start-up, including health days, unlimited snacks and coffee at the office, team events, and much more